In isolation, we launched Separate Sundays to explore performances, activations, and residencies that would’ve happened on-site, off-site, or in parallel dimensions during our monthly Second Sundays program. Tune in at 6PM ET every second Sunday of each month with our hosts Director of Music, Justin Frye, and Head of Residencies and Classes, Christina Daniels. You can listen right here or at 8ballradio.nyc.
This episode will include:
- January Music Resident Austin Sley Julian shares music recorded during his residence and talks to Justin Frye about his inspiration and process.
- JP Brammer reads from his animated essay about forbidden first love and escaping the physical and mental confines of the Midwest.
- We revisit Four Simultaneous Soloists, a four-part performance series staged within Anthony McCall’s Solid Light Works exhibition three years ago. This segment features Maria Chavez, Sarah Hennies, C. Spencer Yeh and curator David Grubbs, each playing beneath a towering light sculpture by McCall.
- Marisa Prefer, our Manager of Sustainability, talks with the creator of Tree of 40 Fruit: New York Apples, Sam Van Aken, who has turned tree-grafting into a living art form.
- Tech Resident Ingrid Burrington talks about one of her favorite rocks and why it’s so important to to your day-to-day life.
- Resident astrologer Joey Frank toasts to Aquarians with readings from famous Aquarius creatives and philosophers.
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.